September 25th, 2018
Multimedia Designer Job Description
Aluratek is the manufacturer and brand name of computer peripherals and consumer electronic devices. We are a growing tech company based in Irvine. Are you looking for an opportunity to begin your design career in the technology industry? Build a strong portfolio, learn lots of new skills and gain important professional experience.
We are looking for a multimedia designer who is passionate about design to join our creative / marketing team. The ideal candidate probably enjoys gadgets, technology and the creative process. Candidates should have a solid background in graphic design, video production, strong conceptual design, storytelling and communications skills to create visually compelling graphics for internal and external audiences across print and digital platforms. Candidates should be personable, self motivated, able to coordinate simultaneous projects and work well in a team environment.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for bringing initiatives and concepts to life across multiple platforms. Candidates can expect to create designs for product packaging, instructional manuals, quick start guides, data sheets, product brochures, and other marketing materials that help create and extend our brand identity. Candidates will be asked to do product photography and help to create product videos. Photography and videography experience is required.
- Salary - Based on experience / TBD
- Work Type - Full time
- Duration - Permanent position
- Desired Start Date - Immediate
- Travel - No Travel
- Location - Irvine, CA
- Degree in Graphic Design / Digital Media / Cinema and Television Arts / Film and Media Studies
- 1-2 Years experience in Design and Multimedia
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro)
- Excellent design, illustration and typography skills
- Demonstrate skills across a broad range of media - both print and web
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ideation and collaborative skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills; ability to interpret analytical thinking into design concepts
- Ability to take creative input and direction
- The ability to multi-task, work collaboratively with a team and work independently
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to follow-through
- Create design concepts that are consistent with brand strategy and communications goals
- Design product packaging, instructional manuals, quick start guides, data sheets, product brochures, and other marketing materials that help create and extend our brand identity
- Product photography in a studio and lifestyle environments
- Assist in creating multimedia and video communications
- Experience with photography, motion graphics and video editing
If you’re driven and enthusiastic about design and technology, we would love for you to come grow with us as a company. If this sounds like a good fit, please send your resumé and a PDF portfolio of your best work or a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com
Thank you and we looking forward to meeting you! Please note that only short listed candidates will be notified.