Are you the type of person who has a difficult time organizing and simplifying all your work and files? If that's you..trust me, you are NOT alone. If you saw my work desk you would feel so much better. My supervisor has no idea how I'm able to find anything! If you tried to find anything on my personal laptop, you would spend the rest of your life looking for that ONE image or document. I'm also a pack rat so I like to hoard old papers and files that I THINK I'll be needing...one day...yes, I need help!
Well - this week is National Love Your Files Week. Not just organizing your files, but it's about simplifying the things in your life and cutting out things you don't need. I feel like the organizing gods are trying to send me a message because over the weekend, I was working at home and couldn't remember which folder contained a certain file....and I think I spent a good half hour looking for it before giving up.
Here are a few Aluratek products that can help ORGANIZE and SIMPLIFY your life:
Our digital photo frames are one of the greatest ways to store all your images and videos and display them on a digital frame. Scan your printed images onto your computer and simply transfer them into the frame! Of course you can also transfer your digital images from your other devices into the frame as well with a SD card or USB flash drive. We have so many different styles, sizes and versions of our frames that we know you will find one that best suits you!
Although the docking station doesn't manage your files it is designed for your extra connectivity needs and to increase user productivity in your home of office - still simplifying and cleaning up clutter! It's a simple, space-saving way to turn one USB port into six USB connections making your laptop the ultimate desktop workstation by giving you access to all of your USB peripherals, dual video ports and an Ethernet network connection.
Our 3.5" USB 3.0 Portable SATA Hard Drive Enclosure combines quality, function, convenience, and high performance into one device. Plug-n-Play to your desktop or laptop computer to easily store, transfer and access all your digital music, photo, video, multimedia and personal data files with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps.
Here are also a few tips that can get you to be on top of things -
1. Determine what you absolutely need to hold on to and with everything else, toss it in the trash.
2. Sort out your documents. Go through all your items / computer files you have decided to hold on to and determine how exactly you want to organize them. How are your computer files going to be organized? Are they going to be sorted out in separate folders? Do you need two folders for your house and car information or will you keep them together?
3. Create a list of which items you have filed away, which folder they are in and when they are no longer useful and can be thrown out. Creating an inventory will allow you to trash any items after a specified amount of time.
4. Purchase a filing system. Whether it is a whole filing cabinet or a filing box for your physical documents or a external hard drive for your digital files, it is very important to keep all your documents in one place so they're not scattered all over your office or home!
5. Most importantly, if you are organizing your computer you will need to back up your files. The last thing you want is for your hard drive to crash and wave sayonora to your precious documents! Back your files up!
Happy National Love Your Files Week!