The world has become so immersed in technology that we so often overlook the history and even the weird facts behind it. At Aluratek, we love technology, and as tech-lovers I have collected some interesting facts from other tech sources that I want to share with you and the world! Some are random and funny while some are shocking!
1. There is an average of $680 worth of transactions each second on eBay.
2. Hewlett Packard was started at a garage in Palo Alto in 1939.
3. One of every 8 married couples in the United States last year met online.
4. A Twitterer with a million or more followers is called a “Twillionaire”.
5. 60 billion emails are sent daily. 97% of those emails are spam.
6. Amazon, originally a printed book seller company, sells more eBooks than printed books today.
7. Cabir. A, the first known cell phone virus, appeared in 2004.
8. Email existed before the World Wide Web.
9. There were a total of approximately 17 billion devices connected to the internet at the end of 2012.
10. 70% of virus writers work under a contract for an organization. What!
11. Bill Gate’s house was designed using a… Macintosh Computer!
12. 10 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
13. The term “World Wide Web” was coined by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990.
14. In January 1997, Bill Clinton’s inauguration was the first to be webcasted.
15. It took 38 years to reach an audience of 50 million for radio broadcasters and 13 years for television. It only took 4 years for the internet. In other words, the internet is the fastest-growing communication tool.
16. 1/3 of the world population has never made a telephone call.
17. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
Which fact was the most interesting to you? Share your comments with us by visiting our Facebook page or leaving a comment below!