Can you smell it? Love is in the air! Valentine's Day aka LOVE DAY is in a couple of weeks. Are you ready to celebrate this day with your special one?
Let's be honest. We've all had times when Valentine's Day made us a little coo-coo. How could it not? We live in a culture where everything is commercialized and that can also include Thanksgiving and Christmas! Valentine's Day is a day that is consumed with ads for cards, jewelry and romantic dinners that you need to make reservations for at least 2 weeks to a month in advance!
Many think Valentine's Day is terrible because we should show our appreciation towards that special person everyday instead of just on one day. I used to think that way as well, but the more I'm "adulting" the less I'm able to think about my husband. Not that I don't think about him, but life gets so busy that you forget about the one person that is helping you persevere and pushing you through life.
Instead of doing the common Valentine's Day things (unless that's what you 2 enjoy doing), why not participate in activities that define you as a couple?! And if you're following our blog and our social media apps, you must somewhat be into tech, right?
So, Here's a list of fun techy/geeky things you can your loved one can do for Valentine's day -
1. I love spontaneity. I love the unexpected and so does my husband. Why not be spontaneous with your special one and sing a duet at a karaoke bar? Might I recommend "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin? LOL
2. Go on a photo scavenger hunt! Each of you writes down a random clue, rhyme, or atbstract fact about 3 locations (preferably a location with a nice memory), then exchange clues and have the other person take photos based on the clues received!
3. Do you Instagram? What about your partner? Of course you do! Whether you or your special person is an avid Instagrammer with thousand of millions of followers, or just an everyday user - whether they're candid, posed, filled with smoochies or landscape shot they are all great photos with lots of memories that you can look back on and can't help but smile. Why not collect some of your partner's best photos off of their Instagram account and print out a photo book as a gift? Chatbooks offers this service for only $8! You can even print your own book at home or create a fun scrapbook.
4. Create funny GIFs of your favorite memories together!
5. Bake Lembas bread and have a Lord Of The Rings marathon at home. Okay - this sounds amazing.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to receive future Valentine's Day deals!