It's the start of the week. Mondays. Oh boy. Back to grind! It sure can be a drag when you had such a fun time over the weekend, and then you have to return back to the routine life, right? I think many people share the same pain (#thestruggleisreal). However, what if we can do something to spark it up a little? Maybe something selfless to enlighten someone else for a change? We live in a generation where WE want to make money, WE need to succeed, and nothing is wrong with that, but it would be nice to step out of our normal schedule and our comfort zone and attempt something new.
Did you know that today is the start of International Random Acts of Kindness week? Such a random idea (no pun intended). If you've never heard of "R.A.K.", it's when you choose someone to uplift and be kind to. Sounds odd, but it's actually a very sweet gesture. You may know someone who is going through a rough patch, or someone who just wants to be noticed. It can also be your sister who is pregnant, or just someone you know that you want to encourage...just because! Basically, anyone! This is the time to go out of your way to make let that person know that he/she is loved.
Here are a few ideas to R.A.K. someone DIGITALLY (of course):
1. A simple text or e-mail can go a long way. Why not send a short and sweet message of encouragement to someone who has been on your mind? I promise that it will bring a smile to their face!
2. Dedicate a Instagram post to them! A great one is Throwback Thursdays! Surprise them by posting up a picture of you two that you took in the past with a nice caption saying how much you miss them, or telling them to have a great day! Make sure to hashtag #tbt and their names so they get notified!
3. Snapchat them a fun video selfie message, or snap a picture of something that reminds you of them so they know you are thinking of them!
4. Download the Kindr app and send out compliments, hugs, messages and even cute animals!
5. Words are powerful but so are thoughtful gifts. R.A.K. them with some of our very affordable products that are SURE to make them exuberant and grateful to have you as a friend / sister/ brother/ mother/ father...etc you know what I mean ;) Aluratek is currently holding a Valentine's Day promotion. Just because your gift isn't going towards a significant other doesn't necessarily mean you can't purchase anything from this promotion! It's a holiday representing LOVE and there are so many different types of love!
The International Random Acts of Kindness week ends February 15, but just because that's the last day doesn't mean you can't continue to show kind gestures to people. It should be something we want to do on a daily basis, so no matter what don't let February 15th stop you from displaying love to others! Happy R.A.K. Week!
Who are you going to R.A.K. this week? Visit our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages to let us know, or leave a comment below!