April Fool's Day is tomorrow the 1st. What a strange and silly day we observe. It got me thinking about its origins. I looked it up and there is no definitive time and place where this day of pranks originated. There are records of this day being celebrated all over Europe and the Middle East as far back as 536 BC.
One practice of note - in Italy, France, Belgium, and French-speaking areas of Switzerland and Canada, the April 1st tradition is often known as "April fish" (poisson d'avril in French or pesce d'aprile in Italian). This includes attempting to attach a paper fish to the victim's back without being noticed.
Do you have your office prank in mind? If not, there's still time to do something really simple to prank your colleagues. Here are some good ideas:
1. Flip a computer display screen upside down. For PCs, all you have to do is hit CTRL + ALT + down arrow (and the same combination with the up arrow will flip it back); on a Mac, open System Preferences and click Display while simultaneously holding down CTRL + Option. A new menu called Rotation should appear, and you can flip the display and save it or undo. (I tried this however on my PC and it did not work for me.)
2. Turn their apps into cats. Just go to iPhoneception in a phone’s browser and you can turn all the app icons to cat faces. There are also other options to choose from.
3. Switch around someone’s keys on their keyboard.
4. Block out their mouse sensor with a Post-it or a taped piece of paper.
5. The Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) Wallpaper or Screensaver. Install The BSOD Screensaver or Wallpaper to trick the viewer into thinking their computer has just experienced a major crash. There are several variations out there so just search for the one you like best.
How will you be pranking your co-workers? Share your comments with us by visiting our Facebook page or leaving a comment below!